Africa Map

African Press Agency

African Press Agency Logo
   

 Home
 Country Profile
 Useful Links
 Contact us

Home

Iran/US WarBack
[Published: Monday August 03 2026]

 Iran furiously hits back at Donald Trump claim with 'US aggression' warning

 
TEHRAN, 03 August. - (ANA) - Iran has furiously hit back at earlier claims from Donald Trump that new talks are imminent over the reopening of the Strait of Hormuz. Iran's foreign Minister, Esmaeil Baghaei said the regime was merely holding talks with Oman in order to establish a temporary safe route through the Strait of Hormuz.
 
He stated that there were no plans either to receive a delegation or to send one. He also noted that an agreement with Oman, despite its location along the strategic waterway, would not by itself be sufficient to facilitate the waterway's reopening. Earlier, Donald Trump asserted that talks with Iran were scheduled to take place that day and claimed that Washington and Tehran had reached an agreement to reopen the Strait of Hormuz, a vital shipping route that Iran has largely restricted since the outbreak of the conflict.
 
Speaking on board Air Force One on Sunday, he said Iran "knew the extent of the attack because they saw it forming", adding: "We are talking to them in the form of a negotiation. It begins tomorrow afternoon."
 
In an earlier post on Truth Social, Trump said he had been asked by Iran and US allies in the Middle East to "hold off" as the "perimeters" of a deal had been agreed.  - (ANA) - 
 
AB/ANA/03 August 2026 - - -
 
 
 

North South News website

Advertise banner

News icon EU/Costly Extreme Heatwave
News icon Trump/Sailors Complain
News icon US/Hamas/Talks
News icon
News icon Israel's rejection of Gaza Deal/Condemned
News icon Lebanon/Death Toll up
News icon Vatican/uges end to West Bank violence
News icon UK/West Bank Terrorism
News icon July/Warmest on Record
News icon Myanmar/Attacks on Civilians

AFRICAN PRESS AGENCY Copyright © 2005 - 2007